Welcome to the Prayer ministry. This ministry was created to support the church through intercessory prayer and supplication in love and oneness with the Holy Spirit. The following is only a partial list of those for whom we offer intercessory prayers for: all in authority (1 Timothy 2:2); ministers (Philippians 1:19); Jerusalem (Psalm 122:6); friends (Job 42:8); fellow countrymen and country (Romans 10:1); the sick, afflicted and unsaved (James 5:14); enemies (Jeremiah 29:7); those who persecute us (Matthew 5:44); those who forsake us (2 Timothy 4:16); and all men (1 Timothy 2:1).
Some of what to expect from the Ministry
- By joining the Prayer Ministry you can expect to experience supernatural, spiritual growth in intimacy and love not just with fellow believers and non believers alike but most importantly with the person of the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 6:18)
- One can expect to grow and develop in the area of faith in our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ as a result of witnessing firsthand, the amazing miracles and testimonies that can only be attributed to His grace and understanding that whatsoever we pray for in faith and believe with our hearts in line with the will of God shall be accomplished. (Mark 11:23-24)
- Being part of the team will enable us understand the power of Forgiveness. Having a Forgiving heart is a core requirement for ALL in the team that desire answered prayers. Prayers must be made with a forgiving heart. (Mark 11:25-26).
- The ministry will help develop our persistence in the things of God and will ensure we are people that do not give up easily until we have accomplished that which our prayer/ word was set out to achieve in line with the perfect will of God. (Luke 18: 1- 18)
- The word of God will be revealed by the Holy Spirit in greater measure as we wait upon the Lord and as a result we will understand God’s plan for our life, ministry, church, community, nation and those around us. (1 John 5 14- 15)
- On a personal note I have found that the Lord has begun a good work in my heart upon joining this ministry. He has done this by giving me a lot more empathy and patience for others and by helping me understand the real meaning of humility. (Luke 18: 9-14).
What kind of people are we looking for in the team?
God calls all Christians to be intercessors. It is God’s desire that every believer be active in intercessory prayer. What a wonderful and exalted privilege we have in being able to come boldly before the throne of Almighty God with our prayer and requests!
There is an erroneous idea in contemporary Christianity that those who offer up intercessory prayers are a special class of “super-Christians,” called by God to a specific ministry of intercession. The Bible is clear that all Christians are called to be intercessors.
Please join us every Saturday morning at 06:30am or see Bolaji or Teresa Akinyosoye for further enquiries.